Monday, June 9, 2014

1973 HONDA CB175 K7 SURVIVOR PURCHASED!

1973 HONDA CB175 K7 SURVIVOR PURCHASED!


Today I found a guy that was coming into town with a 1973 Honda CB175 in the back of his truck to sell.  I have been looking for a smaller CC project for part of my collection and thought this might be a good chance to snag one for a decent price.  His asking price was already pretty attractive but it did need some work, so I made him an offer and we did "the dance" of finding something we could both agree on.  Even though it runs great I was able to work out a deal for him to drop it off at my apartment rather than having to drive out to pick it up in Anaheim and ride it home, and then go back to get my car later in the day.  All in all, it worked out perfectly.  


The good: the bike had title, was registered on Non-Op until November, ran great, was delivered to my door and is all original (including paint).  The bad: it needs a new seat cover, side covers, new rear shocks, as well as a new drive chain at minimum.  This wasn't enough to deter me from buying it because fixing it up is half the fun.


Today I put in quite a few hours cleaning up the undercarriage and scrubbing some surface rust off the exhaust pipes, wheels and front fender.  I also went online and found as many parts on EBAY as I could for what I'll be needing in the months ahead.  I haven't ordered anything yet, but little by little it will get freshened up.  

The newbie has been welcomed into my Honda Family with open arms!  Below is my starting line-up.  Gentlemen, start your engines!


No comments:

Post a Comment